Our general insurance advice goes beyond simply procuring an insurance policy. We will take the time to understand every detail of your organisation. Conduct an analysis of your risk needs and recommend the most appropriate covers to protect your assets and liabilities.
Our expertise spans across all classes of business and domestic insurance including, Property, Business Interruption, Liability, Directors’ & Officers’, Cyber, Professional Indemnity, Medical Malpractice, Clinical Trials, Contract Works, Marine, Home & Contents, Travel and Motor.
We provide risk advisory services to small businesses that are starting on their risk management journey, through to larger organisation that are seeking practical guidance and insights into designing and implementing a risk management strategy.
We provide workplace risk advisory services through our dedicated team of specialist consultants. We assist our clients in both work health & safety (WHS) and workers compensation to deliver the right advice and protection for your employees.
The true value of any insurance program and insurance adviser is most evident following the unfortunate event of a claim. At HMD, we work for you as your advocate, to ensure your insurance policy responds in the manner you expect – a satisfactory settlement finalised in a timely manner. This will enable your organisation to continue to operate with the lowest possible impact on your day-to-day operations.
ALTERNATIVE RISK TRANSFER
Alternative risk transfer (ART) strategies can take many forms and is an effective way to retain or pool risk. Organisations considering ART should have an appetite to take ownership of their risk and a commitment to risk management. Benefits of an ART solution can include:
- Price stability – smoothing of insurance premiums during adverse market conditions.
- Flexibility to develop tailored coverage – provide funding and cover for high-risk events not insurable in the commercial insurance market.
- Direct access to reinsurance markets.
- Greater control over claims outcomes.
- The ability to earn investment income on premiums paid and share in underwriting profit.
- Funding to improve risk management or provide premium relief in future years.